I like to keep a running list of local restaurants that I want to check out, so when the occasion comes up and I’m making plans to go out I can cross some places off of my wish list. I’m constantly changing what’s on this list, adding and removing. And my picks come from all over the place – recommendations, online reviews, Yelp photos. I’m pretty obsessed with looking at food photos on Yelp before I eat somewhere. I promise, you learn a lot about the best thing to order by flipping through those pictures. Check it out.
So here’s what sounds good to me at the moment. I’ll follow up when I make it to any of these places to let you know what I think. You know, because I love talking food.
STREET FOOD: LUCY’S, Strip District
- Been wanting to try an authentic Bahn Mi sandwich for a while. Read some good things on the web about this place. Now on my list for a Saturday afternoon lunch stop.
JAPANESE: TEPPANYAKI KYOTO, Highland Park
- I know NOTHING about Japanese food. But I have a couple friends who recommended this place. So it warranted a spot on my list. Probably a date night pick.
CHARCUTERIE: CURE, Lawrenceville
- If I could drink beer and eat a good meat/cheese/pickled veggie board for lunch every day with no consequences, I think I could die happy. Not interested in this place for dinner. Just a drink and that salumi plate.
PIZZA: BREAD AND SALT, (Coming Soon to) Bloomfield
- Not open yet, but you better believe I’ll be there when it is. Pizza lover, big time.
CHARCUTERIE + PIZZA: SIENNA MERCATO’S MEZZO, Downtown
- Um, YES! Meat board + pizza!?!? Why do I even have other places on this list? I’ve visited Emporio (the meatball place) on the first level of this restaurant and LOVED it. Also had a drink on the rooftop at Il Tetto – good beers, cool setting. So I’m really excited to check out the middle level.
DONUTS: GRANDVIEW BAKERY, Mt. Washington
- This place is HIGH on my list for Donut Friday. Look. at. those. Beautiful.
BEER: MILKMAN BREWING, Strip District
- Brewery I haven’t tried. Enough said.
TACOS: TAKO, (Coming Soon to) Downtown
- “Globally inspired tacos” from the same guys who do Butcher & the Rye and Meat & Potatoes. Sounds promising.
Now talk to me! What’s on your list? What needs to be on mine? Try anything new and awesome lately?