Lots of running this week. Don’t hate it. Had a couple awesome races. AND accomplished my second 2014 resolution!!! Let’s talk about it.
- 6 mile morning run. Easy miles. Piece of cake.
- Crossfit class in the AM
- We started by cycling through some different aerobic/jumping/warmup style movements for 20 minutes. It was strange and boring and I’m too lazy to type it all in here. Think rowing, lateral jumps, glute bridges, etc.
- WOD, AMRAP 15:
100 ft sprint
12 KB swings, 70/53#
- I used the 44# KB again for the swings and feel like I’m finally getting comfortable with it! I used to be TERRIFIED, but I made it through 7 rounds + 7 swings in the 15 minutes and was able to do every set unbroken. 44# KB, you no longer have the power.
- Trail Run Tuesday in the PM. The usual. 6 miles. Sunshine and girl talk.
- Crossfit class, not my friend
- 15 minutes to find a max effort high hang squat snatch + 1 OHS with 1:30 rest between sets
- These. were. ugly. I haven’t done snatches in a looooooong time, and it shows. I got to 55# for a couple sets, but then had to drop back down to 45# to work on form. I need to go in for some open gym time and work on snatches, AKA fatstrong lifting.
- WOD, AMRAP 8:
1 push jerk @ 95% of 1RM1 MU or eccentric pull-up with a 7 sec descent
I used 90# for the jerks. (Would have done 95# if I was interested in getting 95%, which I was NOT and also afraid of anyway. Stuck with 90, which I knew I could handle.) And I did the pull-up option. I didn’t even count my rounds, but it was not many. With the super heavy jerks I wanted to take my time. I get intimidated putting that much weight over my head and didn’t want to drop the bar.
- Started the morning with a 2.5 mile easy shakeout run in anticipation for the afternoon’s 5K. Added a handful of strides in the alley behind my apartment onto the end.
- Then in case you forgot, I PRed my 5K in the afternoon!
- Crossfit class
500 meter row30 push press @ 115/80800 meter run30 push-ups400 meter run30 TTB400 meter run30 push-ups800 meter run30 push press @ 115/80500 meter row
- I used 45# for the presses and did the pushups from my knees. Finished in 29:00 flat. Too be honest, I probably could have pushed it a little harder here, but I just wasn’t in the mood for that. I’m not proud when I coast through a workout, which is why I’ve set goals to do the exact opposite of that, but sometimes it still happens.
- Easy breezy Saturday morning for me. What a treat. Ran an easy 4 miles to prep for Sunday’s race and did some back alley strides. Four miles was exhausting, but this is pretty typical for my pre-race runs, so I don’t sweat it.
- On Sunday I ran one of my favorite races in Pittsburgh: the Great Race. I’ll give a full recap soon, but to summarize, I kicked some ass. Set a PR with a 44:34 finish AND broke 1000 miles in 2014. Both of my New Years resolutions are checked off and it isn’t even October yet. Killin’ it. What do I do now!?