Man, I have some delicious eats to share! I spend a lot more time each day thinking about food than I would like to admit. So here is a look into what I’ve been eating lately and some recipes that I HIGHLY recommend. Are they photogenic? Not at all. I am not a food blogger. Don’t judge.
Lunch this Week: PaleOMG’s Pumpkin Cream Chicken Casserole
- Made a couple modifications: I swapped out cauliflower and used spinach instead. I also topped it with feta cheese. Because cheese is delicious and makes everything better. Definitely add the cheese.
- I’ve had several people ask me for this recipe when I pull it out at work. Make it if you want desk lunch jealousy.
- It’s really tasty, awesome comfort food. And so easy to make. I’ll bring this one back out for more lunches in the future.
Easy Reheat Dinner: Civilized Caveman Spicy Pineapple Chili
- I do NOT want to spend the time to cook dinner when I come home every night. I like to have options that can be assembled or reheated quickly. Heating up chili and chopping up a salad is perfect.
- Made some modifications to this recipe too: not quite as much bacon or beef. I used 14 strips of classic bacon and 1.5 pounds of 80/20 beef to lighten it up a little bit.
- SO GOOD. Not so spicy that it makes my mouth numb, but my nose is definitely running by the end. Glad I still have half of the recipe stowed away in the freezer for another time.
- I always look for sweet snacks to get me through the afternoons. I’ve tried to like vegetables and cheese or nut butter, but they just do NOT cut it. Need some sweet.
- But even so, I like to keep carbs moderately low with my snacks, so nuts are my go-to.
- I’ve never met a KIND bar I didn’t like, but they do have more sugar than plain roasted nuts. And cost me some extra $$$. So I keep them more occasional.
BBQ Night with Veg Club: YinzBurgh BBQ
- The guy who runs this place is PASSIONATE about his BBQ. He won’t let you order unless you hear his brief and go through the BBQ sauce taste testing session.
- He knows what he’s doing though, because this stuff is GOOD. I had the pulled pork (not surprising) and went with the Hot Honey sauce. I’m a sucker for mustard and spice – this one was easily my favorite.
- Pretty affordable too! I’d recommend this place over Union Pig & Chicken any day. Doesn’t have the atmosphere (it’s a hole in the wall), or the drinks (just a cooler of bottled soft drinks), but I liked it WAY more.
So talk to me: best thing you’ve eaten lately? recipes I need to try? Let’s talk food. I can’t get enough.