Happy Thursday. One. Day. Left.
Here is a fun roundup of my favorite eats lately, both recipes I made at home and awesome things other people cooked for me.
Lunch This Week: PaleOMG’s Fully Loaded Citrus Marinated Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- These things are GOOD. I’ve repeated this recipe. I don’t take that lightly. So you should probably try it.
- There is bacon. Can’t go wrong.
- Also, I know the Sir Kensington’s mayo is something like $5 for a little jar, but it is SO DELISH. Really. I’d do again.
- This place is a winner. Please don’t follow the CFBF philosophy that all restaurants with “cafe” in the name are girly and only serve kale salads and spa teas.
- I would for sure eat here again, even without the awesome $20.14 PRW special. I would also likely order the exact same entree. All my favorite things in one place: coconut + curry + polenta + shrimp + sausage + pineapple!!!
- BYOB. Do not. Forget. The wine. Cheers!
Saturday Lunch in the SUN: Edgar’s Tacos in the Strip
- People in Pittsburgh worship these tacos. They are awesome. You WILL have to elbow a child out of the way for a table.
- Met a middle-aged couple who wanted to talk to us about these tacos extensively. They cater, I learned, but only for groups 25+. Noted.
- Shrimp was OK. Chorizo was better. Should have stuck with my first true love, carnitas. Next time. Crab empanada? BOMB.
Saturday Diet Disaster: Chick-fil-A “Icedream” Cone + Costco Churro
- Icedream is not ice cream. No. Never again.
- Costco churro speaks for itself. This is a trashy snack $1 bar food that I would ABSOLUTELY do again. (Plus it doesn’t count when CFBF buys it and I eat half of it “one more bite” at a time.)
OK, let’s hear it. Best thing you ate this week?